8c microbes and disease
Here are the learning objectives for this topic:
· Name the three types of microbes
· Explain why a virus is not a microorganism
· Label diagrams of bacteria, viruses and fungi
· Name diseases caused by each type of microbe
· How we use bacteria to make methane, in sewage works etc.
· How we use fungi in bread, beer, Quorn etc.
· When antibiotics are used
· Methods of food preservation such as canning, freezing, drying etc.
· How diseases can be passed from one person to another
· The bodies’ first line of defense
· How the white blood cells fight infection inside our bodies
· How vaccination/immunization works
useful microbes websites